H/K/B Cosmetic Surgery
Board Certified Plastic Surgeons located in Mount Pleasant, SC
When you work hard to achieve an optimal body weight, it can be disappointing when the natural results of your efforts don’t meet your expectations. H/K/B in Charleston and Mount Pleasant, South Carolina provides an extensive range of body contouring procedures to help you to obtain the body you want. Call or book an appointment online today for a consultation.
Body Contouring Q & A
What is body contouring?
Thanks to new technology, the range of treatments that can change the shape of your body are greater than ever, and there are both surgical and non-surgical solutions. Generally, any procedure that changes the shape, lines, or profiles of your body is considered contouring work.
This may follow major weight loss, such as bariatric surgery for example, which often leaves stretched and sagging skin behind. You have only so much control over where fat loss occurs on your body, since exercise addresses muscle tissue, and your metabolism chooses where to draw extra calories from when you diet.
Liposuction remains one of the best techniques for removing fat tissue that resists your efforts. But, there are several new techniques - including some completely non-invasive options - that make body contouring possible, whether you have a little or a lot of reshaping to be done.
What are some of the most common body contouring procedures?
H/K/B offers one of the most extensive ranges of body contouring techniques available. Their services include:
- Abdominoplasty: commonly called a tummy tuck; removes excess skin and fat from your waistline
- Body Lift: similar to abdominoplasty, but performed wherever needed on your body
- Brachioplasty: known also as an arm lift, removes drooping, saggy tissue under your arm
- CoolSculpting®: a non-invasive treatment to remove excess body fat around the abdomen including muffin tops, love handles and belly pooch
- Labiaplasty: a simple procedure that addressed appearance and function of enlarged or elongated labia
- Liposuction: the surgical procedure to remove stores of excess fat around the body and often performed along with an abdominoplasty
- Post-bariatric cosmetic surgery: removal of excess skin to reshape your body after extreme weight loss
- SculpSure®: another non-invasive body sculpting procedure for fat removal around the abdomen, thighs, and now also in the under-chin area
- SmartLipo®: from CynoSure®. The makers of SculpSure, SmartLipo is a minimally invasive lipolysis procedure with short recovery time compared with conventional liposuction
- Thigh lift: removes fat and skin from your thighs
Which body contouring methods are right for me?
We believe every case is unique, and your expectations are crucial when selecting the appropriate body shaping procedures. A consultation is necessary to make accurate recommendations for your particular situation.
*Individual results may vary